Saturday, April 19, 2014

Feeding on the Word of God - The Resurrection!

“He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; he descended into hell; on the third he rose again from the dead” 


Beloved Walkers, 
As we have passed through the gate of Jerusalem, let us follow our Lord deeper into his Passion and finally arrive at his glorious Resurrection.


Holy Thursday

“I have longed to eat this Passover with you before I suffer.”
  •  Do we draw strength from receiving the Holy Eucharist worthily, in order to face the challenges of living our vocation?

If I, therefore, the master and teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash one another’s feet.
  • Having been fed by Our Lord with His own flesh and blood, am I ready to serve others humbly to the best of my ability?

"Could you not, then, watch one hour with me?" (Matt 26:40)
  • Am I faithful in prayer? Especially in times of distress? Though I am tired and weary?

“Now, his years of life perfected,
Our atonement’s price to be,
By the doom long since elected,
Bound and nailed to set us free,
Christ, our Victim, hangs rejected
On the cross of Calvary.”


Good Friday

“My people, what have I done to you? How have I offended you? Answer me!”
  • Do we realize that it is our sins and ingratitude that have put Jesus on the Cross?

“Jesus Christ showed his love for us and freed us from our sins with his life’s blood.”
  •  Jesus was willing to make that sacrifice for our redemption. Am I prepared to make sacrifices for the people we are called to love?

When Jesus had taken the wine, he said, “It is finished.”
  • Has there been a time in my life when I was forced to endure a bad situation and an even worse ending?

And bowing his head, he handed over the spirit.
  • Do I realize that in the moment of surrender to God, I found peace and rest?


Holy Saturday

“I was dead and now I am to live for ever and ever, and I hold keys of death and of hell.”
  • In spite of my many faults, do I look forward in hope that God will use me to fulfil His plan?

“O happy fault that earned so great, so glorious a Redeemer! O truly blessed night, worthy alone to know the time and hour when Christ rose from the underworld!”
  • All things happen in God’s time. Do I ask for the grace of Patience in awaiting the time when He will save me?


Easter Sunday
“Christ, my hope, has risen: He goes before you into Galilee.”
  • Having witnessed the joy of the resurrection, are we eager to go to Galilee to receive our mission from the Lord?

That Christ is truly risen from the dead we know.
Victorious King, Thy mercy show!
Amen. Alleluia.

We wish one and all a very happy and blessed Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment